Indulge in this decadent no-bake vegan fudge recipe. The raw dairy-free fudge is filled with walnuts and goji berries. Bonus: Walnuts contain omega 3 and only a small quarter cup of walnuts can give you all the omega 3 you need in a day!
Possibly the biggest step for this dairy-free fudge recipe is to make your own walnut butter. Of all the nut butters you could make, walnut is probably the easiest. Walnuts have a very high-fat content so they turn into butter quite quickly. If you can find store-bought walnut butter you are welcome to use that. The rest of the vegan fudge recipe comes together relatively quickly.
No Bake Vegan Walnut Fudge with Goji Berries
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 TBSP maple syrup or agave
- ⅓ cup puffed brown rice
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or flax seeds
- 1 TBSP cacao powder
- 1½ cups walnut butter
- 8 TBSP cacao butter
- 7 TBSP maple syrup
- 6 TBSP plant based milk
- Let’s start with the walnut butter. Place three cups of walnuts into a food processor and blitz until a walnut butter forms. Takes about five minutes while stopping to scrape down the sides but it will depend on what food processor you have. You can make an even larger batch and keep the rest to use in other dishes! Set walnut butter aside.
- For the base, add all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until sticky. Press down evenly into the base of a lined square 4in baking dish and set aside.
- For the creamy filling, melt down the cacao butter over low heat until liquid, add in walnut butter, and whisk until it incorporates as well as possible. Add the maple syrup or agave and plant based milk and whisk until smooth and creamy. I like to do this without heat but if the walnut butter is having a hard time mixing in, you can mix over low heat to help it melt into the dish.
- Pour over the base and place in the fridge to set for about two to three hours.
- Once set, slice and decorate with extra walnuts.