If you like to get creative in the kitchen and enjoy the benefits of CBD, you’re going to love learning about cooking with CBD oil. CBD-infused food is the biggest buzz to hit the food industry in decades. A recent National Restaurant Association survey found that one in three chefs named CBD and cannabis-infused foods as a hot food trend.
No need to find a trendy, upscale restaurant to enjoy CBD-infused cuisine. Cooking with CBD oil is a lot easier than you might think. Incorporating CBD into your favorite dishes isn’t just easy — it’s fun! It’s also a creative way to integrate CBD into your life.
As simple as cooking with CBD might be, doing anything new requires a bit of a learning curve. If you’re ready to start cooking with CBD oil, the following are a few tips to get you on your way.
Getting Started: The Basics of Cooking with CBD Oil
- Choose a High-Quality CBD Oil
First things first. Quality is paramount when it comes to CBD oil. Unfortunately, not all CBD oil is created equal. When choosing a CBD oil for cooking, only use CBD oils made by transparent companies that offer third-party lab test results.
A delicious meal requires the best ingredients. If you’re serious about cooking with CBD oil and want your recipes to taste good, choosing high-quality CBD oil is the first and most critical step.
- Blend CBD with a Carrier that Contains Fat
CBD must be blended with some kind of carrier that contains fat before its used for cooking. This helps increase bioavailability and ensure the oil is distributed evenly throughout the entire dish.
Before adding CBD to your recipe, make sure it is infused in a plant based butter, coconut oil or another fat or oil-based carrier.
- Don’t Use High Heat
While temperature is important when cooking with any oil, it’s especially important to keep in mind when cooking with CBD oil. Why? At high temperatures, the active compounds in CBD oil burn off. Not only are you losing CBD but also other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids.
What’s the best temp to cook CBD oil? Try not to exceed 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Higher temperatures will cause the active compounds in CBD oil to deteriorate. Overheating CBD oil can also result in a somewhat bitter taste, which isn’t usually what you’re looking for when it comes to cooking.
- Keep Your Serving Size in Mind
If you’re new to cooking with CBD oil, you might be tempted to add more than you really need. You’ll want to be mindful of the amount you’re using, however, as it can affect both the recipe and the taste of your dish.
Less is more when it comes to cooking with CBD, at least when you’re just getting the basics down. Once you’ve experienced a bit, you can add more if you feel it would be fitting for your recipe and offer the desired effects.
- Stir (Very) Well
When incorporating CBD into your favorite dishes, don’t forget to stir and stir again. Just when you think you’re done stirring, stir a little more. Doing so ensures that your CBD is incorporated well throughout the entire dish, offering a well-balanced serving of CBD in each and every bite.
5 Simple and Satisfying CBD-Infused Recipes
1. CBD Guacamole
CBD guacamole is one of the easiest CBD-infused recipes out there, not to mention one of the most popular. Because avocados are loaded with good-for-you fats, there’s no need to mix your CBD oil with a carrier. Simply stir it in (very well) with the following ingredients and you’ll have the perfect CBD-infused side dish or snack.
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Juice of one lime
- Desired serving of CBD oil
- Cut avocados in half and scoop into a medium or large bowl. Mash with a fork. Add CBD oil and stir well to combine.
- Add lime juice, onion and spices and mix well.
- Serve with chips, tacos, nachos, in a burrito or on top of enchiladas.
2. CBD Mashed Potatoes
Talk about relaxing! Mashed potatoes are comfort food at its finest. CBD-infused mashed potatoes are easy and make a great addition to any savory meal, Thanksgiving or not. We know we’ll be serving them all winter long, whether at the holiday table or along with a bowl of warming stew.
- 2 pounds baking potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 stick CBD-infused plant based butter
- 1 cup plant based milk or half-and-half
- Add potatoes to a pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain water.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low to medium heat. When completely melted, remove from heat and add desired serving size of CBD. Stir very well and combine with milk or half-and-half.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the CBD-infused butter and milk mixture with cooked potatoes until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. CBD Spaghetti Sauce
When mixed with the right carrier, CBD blends seamlessly into sauces. CBD-infused spaghetti sauce adds a new twist to this timeless classic. It can be used to top pasta or any of your Italian-inspired faves. For those watching their carbs, try it as a topping for spaghetti squash.
- ¼ cup CBD-infused olive oil or plant based butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3-4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 29-ounce can peeled and diced tomatoes
- Heat CBD-infused butter or olive oil in a saucepan over low to medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent. Stir in tomatoes and add seasonings. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
4. CBD Bruschetta
This is such an incredible appetizer which you can serve at breakfast or dinner. This dish is full of health benefits and the best thing about this dish is that you can serve it to your children also.
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
- Full Spectrum CBD oil
- Five cloves garlic finely chopped
- One pint red grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- One whole baguette or a crusty loaf
- One pint yellow grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Sixteen fresh basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- One stick of plant based butter
- In a small pan heat the olive oil with 15 drops of the full spectrum of CBD oil.
- Add garlic to it and lightly fry it for about a minute and remember to remove the garlic before it gets brown.
- Separate the garlic and oil in mixing bowl and let it cool for some time.
- Add both red and yellow tomatoes, basil, and balsamic into a bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper in it.
- Add more basil if needed and refrigerate the mixture for one or two hours.
- Cut the baguette into the diagonal slice. Melt full four tablespoons of butter and grill the bread on both sides. Grill until they become golden brown on both sides.
- Give a final stir to the tomato mixture and spoon it over the slices of bread.
- Use big platter to serve this tasty and healthy appetizer.
5. Butternut Squash with CBD Brown Sugar Butter
Butternut squash is a health nut’s favorite. Topping it with a CBD brown sugar butter adds a decadent twist that makes for a delicious dish.
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- ½ cup melted CBD-infused plant based butter
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place halved and seeded squash with the cut side facing up on a baking dish. Brush with CBD-infused butter, ensuring that the entire surface of the squash is covered.
- Season lightly with sea salt and brown sugar.
- Roast in the oven for approximately one hour, or until soft. Keeping the oven temperature low will make cooking time longer than usual, but will ensure that the CBD oil in the recipe stays intact.
Creating Dishes You’ll Love When Cooking with CBD Oil
When it comes to creating delicious, CBD-infused dishes, the options are unlimited. Get the basics down and you can infuse pretty much anything with the wellness-promoting power of CBD.
The key ingredient of any good meal is love. Keep this in mind the next time you’re cooking with CBD and you’ll create memorable and delicious meals the entire family will love. Let us know your favorite CBD recipes in the comments!
Thanks for reading; for more delicious recipes, check out sourcebody.com/videos/recipes! Please explore the site, leave a comment/question and feel free to connect with us at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @SourceBody360 or via our Community page.